Fried Green Beans with Coconut Flour- Low Carb


Ruby Tuesday has an amazing fried green bean appetizer that I love but can't have on a low carb diet. Time to make my own!

Ingredients
Fresh green beans
1 large egg
2 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp coconut flour
Salt and pepper
Oil for frying

Directions
Heat the oil in the skillet on medium heat. In one bowl, combine milk and egg. In a second bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Coat a green bean in the egg/milk, then the seasoned flour, and then the egg/milk again. Fry in hot oil until golden on all sides. 

These made a perfect afternoon snack!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Possibly? I've not tried it before. Perhaps if you spray them with oil before baking they'd get brown and crispy, but I'm not sure. If you try it, be sure to let me know!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts